Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Somebunny loves you...

Hey guys, thanks for coming by today. I have two cards for you. Well, one is already made into a card and the other is ready and waiting.


I got out my Distress Inks and created a watercolor piece, a full A2 size. I took my time, drying in between and layering up the color. For once it came out good!
Then...I grabbed a hexagon die plate from Papertrey Ink and cut into the entire piece!!!
I was shaking in my boots, lol. 
I then carefully pressed a piece of Glad Press n Seal over it and it contained it all. I turned it over and pulled away the frame part. Careful, you want all the hexagon pieces to stay in place. I replace that frame with another one I cut out of black. Press it in place so all fits together nicely. I then applied a piece of StickIt the same size. Burnish down really well. I pulled off the backer and then laid down another piece of black cardstock the same size and burnished it really well. Now every little piece is contained and none will come out. I repeated the same process with the other frame and all the other hexagon bits. It was easy to put it all back together, just took a few minutes. And now I have two card fronts to use. 


And there you have it! Isn't it pretty? 

The image I used on the card is from Pink and Main. I colored it using my Distress markers and a water brush. I fussy cut the image and attached with foam squares. 
The sentiment from the set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I folded the banner around to the back and secured with tape. And the image was attached over that. 


I added some white dots to her hat and bloomers with white Gesso. I also brushed on some Wink of Stella in clear over her top and the flower on her hat. I tied a bow on her pig tail and then scattered around some misc enamel bits.
So, there you have it. This was really fun to create and I am certain I will do more like this.
Get out your supplies and have some crafty fun.
Come back any time!
Happy Crafting


1 comment :