Friday, November 13, 2015

Winnie & Walter Poinsettia....

So, I'm down with the flu...terrible sore throat, coughing, runny nose....not fun. BUT....yesterday I got my new Winnie & Walter stamps. Today I wanted to play.

So I stamped it out in black ink and chose three reds out of my watercolors. And I set out to paint. This process is challenging for me. I struggle with the ratio of water to color. Sometimes it's too wet and sometimes I can't get it to move well. So I fiddle and fiddle till I get it looking how I think it looks good.


I had also purchased the stamp set that is all this cool tiny bling. Sequins, squares, stars, snowflakes...super cute!!! So I used a couple of the round sequins and stamped with gold ink.

I matted it on black and then on gold glitter paper. Added dimensionals and put it on a white card front. I cut it down so it's prob 4 1/4 x 4 1/4. 


I still love using real sequins but I do like these too! Would make a cool stamped background, unlimited colors, and adds no bulk. It's fun for a different look. Once the flower was stamped, I masked it off and stamped the pine boughs and then pulled off the mask. I get a bit giddy doing that, it's so fun to see the reveal, lol! I stamped "Joy" and brushed on a bit of Wink of Stella in clear over the top. 

On the inside I stamped a sentiment and mounted it on gold glittered cardstock. 


This pic isn't the greatest, sorry bout that. Didn't feel like setting it all up again for another shot. Oh well....guess it's this flu, lol!

Anyway, love these Winnie & Walter stamp sets. They stamp so beautifully! Going to get lots of use out of these.

Here's your shopping list.


There ya go! Have fun crafting and thanks for stopping by!

 

2 comments :

  1. What a fantastic job! AND, being so sick makes it even more amazing!!! You go girl and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! I love them. Simple yet beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete