Sunday, February 15, 2015

Wishing You Sunshine...

So...My Scrap Chick has now started selling a line of digital stamps and digital clip art!!! I'm LOVING that....cause I love to do print/cut. And I'm investing into a small collection of Copic markers, and giving it a go. Lots of practice to do, lol. Anyway, I chose an image to work with today.


It is like -15 here in Ohio today and very, very windy! I needed it to feel like Spring. Now, I'm from Michigan and LOVE snow......we have very little :(.....but I HATE frigid temps! Had to do something to remind me of warmer temps to come.

I wanted this to be really bright and fun so chose markers in some hot colors!!! Now, I'm new at all this so it might not be the best coloring...I'll get better at it. I added Wink of Stella to the umbrella and the spots on the boots. Did a little bit of tiny dots to add texture. Nichol Magouirk does this a lot and I love it. Got out my white gel pen and added some stitching lines, too. Then threw on a few bright pink gems and ribbon.


Just so happened the these colors work really nice with some of Doodlebug's papers. I love them! So bright and fun. Used some of my dies to cut the layers, I like that stitching line. 


I chose a stamp from My Creative Time and used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to add a cute staple. The flags are from a set by Spellbinder. Added it with some foam squares.

So, there you have it! I hope you go to My Scrap Chick and check out the new stuff....super cute!


I hope it wasn't too early to tease you with a Spring card.....but it will be here before we know it!
Happy Crafting!



2 comments :

  1. Super duper cute!! The colors are Awesome!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl ~ ADORABLE and oh my the coloring is simply PERFECT! Oh I hear you on the frigid temps ~ as for the snow ~ ummm don't like that either! LOL! Hang in there Spring is on the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete