Friday, May 9, 2014

Vroom Vroom...

A quick card this morning for My Scrap Chick. I looked back through older files and decided on this simple little card. I cut the layers from different papers and assembled the car. I also cut a very tiny oval for a head light and two very tiny rectangles for door handles. For the road, I just cut a black strip and used my white gel pen for the lines in the road.


I also pulled this super cute tree from my stash of MSC files. Cut from patterned paper and added a stitching line around the edge. 


For the sentiment I took one of the chat bubbles and added my text to the center, made sure to center it, and then selected for it to be "no cut". I only had the chat bubble to cut. I also created an offset layer to pop it up a bit. 


I pulled out a few wood accents from my stash. I colored them with a red Copic marker to match the car, brushed on some Wink of Stella and then coated it with Glossy Accents. Also added a bit of that to the head light, door handles, and tire centers. I also did a bit of white gel pen. I used vellum behind the windows.

So, that's it....simple today. Cards don't always have to be elaborate and detailed...esp for a guy! Keep it simple....you know the saying, lol. Anyway, here's where you can get these files. 

Car Album 
(Retired, but you could use any car)

So...I did not realize when I pulled this car out of my stash that it was not in the store any more. I'm so sorry about that. But, you could easily substitute any car you have, or vehicle of any sort really. Get creative, sometimes guy cards can be hard, hope this gives a bit of an idea. 
Happy Crafting!



3 comments :

  1. Cheryl ~ Hahahaha this is soooo CUTE! OMG! I LOVE the sentiment and of course all the deets! AWESOME fun papers too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER CUTE card Cheryl, Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete