Monday, May 19, 2014

Popsicle Time...

Ok, so my grand daughter loves popsicles!!! I mean, loves them! So, I made this little card for her. 
I took one of the phrases from My Scrap Chick and welded two together to create a card. I chose really fun, bright colors and then cut it all out and assembled.


Doesn't this just scream ice cream truck! My little grand babies know that sound and go running! I love this color pallet ~ just in case you didn't know by now ~ lol! Anyway, I created two of the back layer, mirrored one to the left and welded under the pink popsicle. Then it was a matter of picking papers and cutting all the layers. 


I inked the edges a bit and added some gel pen accents and a few pink pearls.


I tied a bow of twine and added it to the orange popsicle.


Also for the center section, inked edges, and added gel pen accents.


For the popsicles, I cut an extra of each color. I added them with some foam adhesive. You can see the other layers were added with some foam tape as well. I like the dimension it gives. 

This is not a big card. It is probably less than 3 inches tall and maybe 5 wide. I think it would be cute tied around a handful of  ice cream treats or tuck in some money for the ice cream truck. Lots of cute things you could do with this. Even invites for an ice cream social.

Here's where you can get your files.


Hope you found a bit of inspiration and have fun crafting!



5 comments :

  1. Love it...super cute bright colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS job with your card Cheryl, LOVE the colors!!! Have a GREAT day my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cheryl ~ I LOVE this! The colors are so refreshing and cheerful! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete