Friday, September 20, 2013

Hello Fall...

Today I went up into my craft room, and decided to play a bit with some of the new inks I've acquired in the last while. I also have these very swirly stamps from Inkadinkado that are very fall in design. So...I put the two together and this is want happened. I also mixed a few different colors of mica powders to make my own shimmer mists.


So...I randomly stamped the different leaves with several colors of ink. No rhyme or reason, just where ever I felt like it. Most all the background stamps are from that Inkadinkado set, but a few are from the card kit from Simon Says Stamp this last month. The littlest ones. 


Then I got the shimmer mists out and sprayed it a bit. Love how it turned out! I die cut my leaves and misted those too.  It is so shimmery and pretty. Screams Fall to me!


I took some twine and wrapped several times vertically around the card and tied a bow. I put on the sentiment with dimensional adhesive for added interest. 


Here is how I finished off the inside of the card. White cardstock, two tiny leaf stamps, and misted with shimmer mists. I love Fall and I'm rather happy with the look I achieved with the stamped background and the shimmer. 

Thanks for coming in and looking around! Play around with some of your stuff and see what you come up with. 


I looked for a link to the Inkadinkado stamps and couldn't find this set...it's old and may be retired. It's called Filigree Fall if you find it any where.
Sorry :(




2 comments :

  1. Gorgeous!!!!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, this is beautiful...it's the perfect depiction of fall...love the background you created and the simplicity of the card. This captured my heart! TFS!!!
    XOXOX & Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete