Wednesday, September 18, 2013

3D Wednesday...

Today is 3D Wednesday over at My Creative Time and I have jazzed up a clear acetate box, filled it with candy, and made a cute tag for the front.


I printed some digi papers here at home and used My Creative Time dies to cut these cute images. I went through my paper scraps to find some nice fall patterns that went well together. LOVE FALL!!!
Anyway, these are the ones I chose. To make that cute pumpkin, I used three of the Easter egg dies and layered them together using dimensional adhesive for the center front piece. The stem was made using one of the banner dies....I'll have all the sets listed at the end of this post. 


I inked up the edges and used a bit of white gel pen to accent. That AMAZING glitter paper is by American Crafts and I got it at Jo-Ann's. This stuff is amazing...DOES NOT FLAKE OFF!!! And no mess of glue and glitter all over the place. It is soooo super smooth, doesn't even feel like glitter but boy oh boy, does it ever sparkle! I also used one of the stamps from the new release to stamp on the clouds...I like it! For the sentiment, it was one long stamp so I masked off half...stamped, masked off the other half and stamped again below the first. I didn't want it that long.


This pic gives a better look at the box filled with candy corn and peanuts. I got them once on Pick You Plum. There were three different styles. I used Scor Tape to attach the tag to the box. I also cut three layers for my tag cause I wanted it more like chipboard...nice and thick.

So, there it is. Now, for the sets I used to create this goodie box.


There you have it....pick out what you have and come up with a cute treat box of your own. You don't always need the newest to make some super cute things. New is nice, but not always necessary to make your take on someone else's project. Happy Crafting!!!

 

7 comments :

  1. Your crafty idea is wicked awesome OMG I am in awe of your ideas. I still can't believe that you used the egg die to make your pumpkin I love it and will do this and how you used the clouds to me they look like ruffles and love the stamp on them. You really know how to make the most of Miss Emma's goodies my gosh you are so clever and so stinkin' talented. I love it, just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, I can't take credit for the pumpkin, one of the other dt members had done that. I just don't remember who. I'm like you, I would never have thought to do that! Goes to show you can use her dies in lots of ways!

      Delete
  2. Adorable treat Cheryl. Love the pumpkin you put together! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sentiment turned out perfectly! I have not used glitter paper (afraid of it) but I might look for this one...is it like hologram print? I like the stitching on the pumpkin...makes it stand out more. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT treat holder Cheryl, it looks FANTASTIC and yummy!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl ~ Oh look how CUTE this turned out!!! LOVE how you used the cloud dies and that background stamp!! Too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete