Thursday, March 28, 2013

Re~purposed Starbucks Frap bottle....

I love these Frappuccino bottles from Starbucks! They are perfect for cleaning out and filling up with anything that will fit. For mine, I added jelly beans. Sweetart brand are my fave!


The papers I chose for this project are digital files by Design by Dani called Easter Best. I got it from Jessica Sprague. I love the soft sherbet color palette.


I used the die from My Creative Time to cut out this tri-fold card. I cut two layers from the designer papers and rounded two of the corners. I also added a piece to peek out from under the front flap. I picked some Washi tapes that coordinated and wrapped them around the front mat before I glued it down to the front of the card. I used some hemp string and added a button using another die from MCT.  The mini paper clips are from Tim Holtz that I got at Michael's. 


Loving these colors!!! And love these button dies!

So, I also made an envelope to go with the card using the envelope die made for this tri-fold card. I wrapped washi tape around it as well. To keep it closed, I used some more of the same hemp string.


To go along with this tag, I made a little gift to give a friend. I love the Starbucks Frappuccino iced vanilla coffee. The bottle is perfect for filling with about anything, decorate to hide the label or work to get it off. I didn't mind it on cause the papers hide it. I cut a very thin strip of paper to hide the edge of the lid. 


I tied a knot with some gorgeous twill ribbon from Liz's Paper Loft. Tied a button with the hemp string to add some cuteness. I measured around the bottle and cut papers long enough to go around. I used a scallop edge punch for the bottom layer. Used Scor Tape to adhere to ensure a good stick. 


I used the two label dies and attached those with Scor Tape as well. The medallion on the front is made using the scallop and stitched circle dies. I used one of the circle stamps and then stamped a bunny in the center. 


For the flower on the top, I used the scallop stitched die. I cut six layers out to  make it. You can search my blog, I have another post showing how I do this. It was for a Technique Tuesday.  It's a good way to cover the top of the lid.

You can copy and paste this link to see the tutorial on the flower.
http://dragonflydesigns58.blogspot.com/2012/10/here-we-are-again-for-another-technique.html 

Here's the gift card and the gift together. I know my friend will love it!

So, here's what you need to create one of your own.

Empty Starbucks bottle or something similar
My Creative Time

So, I am sure you can think of 100 things you can do with this type of bottle. Check out what supplies you have and whip up one of these for yourself or to gift. You will love it! Happy Crafting!





6 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh! Completely gorgeous. I love the colors and I love the gift. Too much of a fan of repurposing glass bottles. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl ~ Oh this is so PERFECT! LOVE the idea of the bottle and re~ using it! The papers and details are simply beautiful! Awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combo's on these! I'm sure the receipient will love them! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job with your gift set Cheryl,it looks super cute!!!Have a nice evening my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colors on that paper and the washi is perfect with it. I like the rounded corners on the card papers and I am loving the new button dies :D The envelope and decorated bottle are perfect. Great ideas and wonderful job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete