Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You've Got Mail...


Need a cute way to give some love this Valentine's Day? This is just the perfect way to do that! I have seen so many cute little mailboxes over the years and I have never picked any up. Well, Target has these every year and I made sure to get some this time. They are adorable and come in white, pink, and aqua blue. Here's what I did.


Isn't it cute?! I love how it came out for being my first one ever! I first measured the width for my paper. It was 3 15/16 wide and 12 inches long. I tried to eyeball how big of a slit to cut to go around the flag. First try wasn't right, and the second was perfect. I use Scor Tape to attach the paper. I am in love with this collection of paper from Carta Bella....Devoted. I have it in digital and also have a 6x6 pad. I cut the little tickets out of the smaller pad and printed the other papers at full size. 


Love these little tickets! I put the grouping of two together with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher. I then put two layers of foam adhesive on the very left and very bottom so that the flag could still move up and down. I tied a double bow with some twine and glued a thin strip of card stock to the stem. Love how this looks.


I LOVE these heart dies from the latest release at My Creative Time. It is so nice how they nest inside each other and you can pick contrasting papers. I like how the red just frames the inner heart so perfectly. Then I used the largest of the layering hearts as well.  You can see that I cut a layer of one of the other papers and used my scallop scalloped punch and attached with Scor Tape. Gives it a nice little "base".


   I used the same heart die for this one but used the outer and middle layers only. I like how the center is open and you can see the background paper behind the sentiment. I stamped with VersaMark and used white embossing powder. I attached it with foam dimensional adhesive. Added some dots with my white gel pen....of course! I took the caps off and traced it on the designer paper to get the perfect fit to go on that cover. I have two more to do and can't wait....these are so fun! Now just to find something super cute to put inside for my precious grand babies for Valentines Day.

Here's what I used for this project.


I hope you can find these your Target stores, because they are just the cutest! Whoever receives one, will love it!


12 comments :

  1. Cheryl, this is just as cute as can be! I love the papers you used - they look so pretty with the aqua! ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Thinking about getting & decorating 2 of these for my niece & nephew for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gift for anyone Cheryl! Great job on 3D Wednesday. Love and Hugs, cathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl ~ this is TOTALLY PERFECT!! I just LOVE the papers you used with all the MCT products!! Such a CUTE idea!! Best part is it can be used EVERY year! Awesome job as always! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a red mailbox like this at Target last weekend. I like all the detail you added to yours. Thanks for sharing your inspiration on how to decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on your mailbox! The papers and tickets look great! This will make a cute decoration to put out every year. Love it!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous! Great job.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. FANTASTIC job with your mailbox Cheryl!it looks BEAUTIFUL,I LOVE the papers you used and all the great details!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mailbox is amazing I love every little part of it you sure are one talented and creative gal to come up with this little masterpiece. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOO CUTE my friend!!!:) LOVE IT!
    BIG HUGS,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete