Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello Kitty Skater...

I have the privilege of guest designing for Ruthie today. Thanks so much Ruthie, for the opportunity and for being so generous with these super cute Hello Kitty images! This one is super duper cute!

Isn't she super cute! I can't look at these images and not think glitter and sparkles! So, I got out the Martha Stewart glitter and went to town. Everything has glitter except for her face....lol. I used shades of purples, pinks and bright pinks. Also used her plain/regular glitter. 

I cut an oval at the bottom of a 5x7 card base. I printed some vellum with a very light blue to look like ice. I then used one of MCT dies...the clouds...to make the snow banks. I covered them in blue and then sprinkled with Flower Soft in white. Really, I took white styro foam, rubbed vigorously over a container and you end up with this stuff that's like snow! And much cheaper than in the store. You should try it. Anyway, hope it looks like she's skating.

And one of Emma's cute stamps from My Creative Time finishes it off. Who doesn't love her stamps! I know I do...for sure!
Thanks Ruthie, for asking me to guest design on your blog this week. I love these images and love that you share. And love that you allowed me this opportunity. Every head over to Ruthie's blog, Septemberninth. You can find this cut file there for free when you become a follower of her blog.



My Creative Time
It's A Magical Season Stamp Set
Ruthie ~ Hello Kitty Free File

Head on over to Ruthie's blog and be on the lookout for this free file! Thanks Ruthie for allowing me to guest design for you. These images are so fun to play with and it's super nice of you to share!



10 comments :

  1. So cute!!...Happy New Year!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Cheryl! I love the little scene you created for her! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Hello Kitty. This card is sooooooo cute. May have to lift it.

    Mary O'Neal
    redpupper@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow is really Styrofoam?? Clever :D I love the Hello Kitty files and might have to make all of them up today with no particular project in mind for them but they will be ready for a project! Love the ice idea and the purple dots for flakes looks great.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Cheryl! Thanks so much for being a guest designer on my blog Cheryl! Your card is darling! I love all the glitter.

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun, cleaver and very ADORABLE card! Love, love, love it!!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    Cre8n4u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl ~ Oh how CUTE!!!! I just LOVE Hello Kitty and you did her up so ADORBS!! LOVING all the glitter!!! Well Miss Ruthie is so sweet too ~ just wish I had this machine! hehehehe!!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER cute Hello Kitty card Cheryl!All the details are perfect and I LOVE the glitter,AWESOME job my friend!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable love the pretty colors and the adorable little HK great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now this is one of the cutest cards I've seen this season (and believe me, I've seen some cute ones!!). WOW!! I would love some tips for adhering the glitter in such small places!! What glue? Did you apply it piece by piece? Any help would be appreciated!! I LOVE THIS CARD!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete