Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stinkin Cute Card...lol

Here's a cute Christmas card I made using an svg file from Kadoodlebug Designs called Cheery Christmas Skunk. I love how this came out....a fun, non traditional card for the holiday. I also used some of my fave stamp/die sets from My Creative Time. The sets used will be listed at the end of this post. 

Isn't this skunk just the cutest?! I used bright papers in pinks and greens that was in a pack from Michael's last year.  It may not be available any longer, but you can find lots of paper in colors other than reds and greens for Christmas. 
I love the ornament dies that are included in the stamp set Warm Holiday Fun Stamp Set. The cutest ornaments and jingle bell. The pic doesn't show the glittery paper as well as I'd like, but it's really pretty.
I thought this stamp said best what the card is trying to show....sparkly and bright! Try to do something a bit out of the ordinary for some of your cards this year...it's refreshing...at least to me....to do something unexpected. And I think people like to receive a card that isn't the "norm".
I like to finish off the inside of the card as well. It's nice to tie the inside of the card with the outside. Just a thin strip of the patterned paper is all that's needed. I also matted the inside with the same green. 
Go ahead, do something you wouldn't normally do. Choose an image that's fun and pick colors that also scream fun. Be non~traditional and see what you come up with.

4 comments :

  1. Cheryl ~ this is just too CUTE!! Who would have thought to use a skunk for a Christmas card and make it so STINKING CUTE ~ you!1 LOVE the non traditional colors too! The ornaments and sentiment are just PERFEECT too!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skunk is absolutely adorable, and I just love how she's holding Emma's ornaments! Too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Cherl,your card is sooo ADORABLE!great job with all the sweet details,I LOVE the cute little skunk!!!Have a great weekend my friend!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card...I also like to put something decorative inside. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete