Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Lanterns

Been trying to get a few fall things made and put up in the house. I LOVE fall and all the colors, smells, and sounds. I love the crisp night air and backyard fires. Anyway, I made a string of lanterns and jazzed them up with crinkled ribbon, twine, and die cut leaves. It would be nice if they could light up but there is no way to put a tea light in there and get it to turn on. But I might put some laying on top of the mantle sort of strung in and amongst the photos. The lantern is a file I got in the Silhouette store. Quick and easy to make, you should give these a try if you have a Cameo. I want to make a few of the spiderweb ones as well.

Designed by
Cheryl Becker


The leaves don't show as well as I'd hope, but it really adds a nice way to finish off the top of these lanterns. 


Hope you like this little bit of fall. I will be adding pieces to the top of the fireplace and as I get them finished, I'll update pics so you can see how it's coming along. Get out you cutting machines, pull out some pretty fall papers, find your mojo and decorate your home for fall! Happy crafting!

6 comments :

  1. Oh how I wish I could get the cameo or eclips. That is a darling file. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My these are a great cut and you say there is a spider web also?? On my way! Just a thought if you could punch a hole for a small bulb on a mini light set to light these up?? They should be low heat.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SERIOUSLY SO amazing. I absolutely LOVE it!!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl ~ ADORABLE!! LOVE how you used the MCT leaf die too!!! What a cute way to use the ribbon too! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful and beautiful and inspirational. I love that Silhouette and for $1, how can you go wrong. But, you brought the file truly alive!!!

    ReplyDelete